Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Yoga at Work

A few weeks ago, my yoga gave me a job opportunity. Meg, a Supervisor at the Baylor Call Center, told me of some job openings for people to call Baylor parents and alumni and ask for money for the University. Fun right? 

Well, I took the job, and I'm so grateful for it. My job at the Call Center is difficult at times, and often stressful. Talking to people that usually don't want to talk back to me can get exhausting, but in these times of stress and annoyance, I've found a place for yoga.

When I get particularly freaked out at work, or get nervous or stressed about my job, I sit up straight and firmly plant my feet into the floor. I try to spread out my toes and to squeeze my quads.I open my chest, pull the outside of my shoulder blades together, and then try to rest my shoulders. 

This subtle practice helps to keep me calm and focus, and usually does a great job of relieving my stress by reminding me of my yoga. When I consciously think about my practices of yoga, detachment, and meditation, I can remember what is truly important and make the calls that my dharma, and my boss, demands I make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment