Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Namaste

     From the very first asana practice we did in class, I felt that the end, particularly the bow of gratitude, was one of the most calming aspects of the entire experience. After lying in Shavasana, meditating of how the asana practice changes the way I feel, a sense of calmness seems to settle over my entire body.
     These moments of tranquility are rare and valuable in my busy life, and I cherish them for allowing me to rest and forget about the daily stress and tedium that seems to come with life in Modern America.
     When my yoga teacher instructs us to bow, "here on the mat, in Waco Texas," I can release the tension that life builds on us all, and glimpse the serenity of my "True Splendor."

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are getting so much out of these moments of silence.

    ReplyDelete