Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Wisdom

The Bhagavad Gita in Chapter 7 discusses  Hindus ideas of "jnana" meaning spiritual wisdom and "vijnana" meaning, an intimate of practical familiarity with God. These terms exists in every religion, albeit under  different monikers and, I believe, every religion seeks to support their own idea of jnana through specialized practice. Catholics believe they know the true nature of God and worship accordingly. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, and Hindus are all the same. All people have a glimpse of spiritual wisdom, but depending on circumstances, people find different ways to praise honor their deity.

Krishna says "when a person is devoted to something with complete faith, I unify in that."

I believe that God sees faith, regardless of the wrapping individuals place it in. God honors faith, because those with faith honor God, in whatever way they choose. I believe that God is bigger than any denomination or religion, and that God cares not for the Earthly labels we place on our faith. This passage from The Bhagavad Gita really stood out to me, and I cherish it as Truth in textual form.

1 comment: